The Xavier Foundation is seeking a qualified individual to fill the following position:
XAVIER HIGH SCHOOL FOUNDATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Xavier High School Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, alumni and donor base management and community outreach.
The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Additionally, the Director facilitates an ongoing dialogue with local parish leadership and the administration at Xavier High School. The Executive Director manages, develops, promotes and implements a comprehensive development plan. As a part of that plan, the Executive Director works with and on behalf of prospective donors, and assists with the development and completion of annual giving and fund raising initiatives and campaigns; including planned giving programs, major gift campaigns and scholarship endowments.
- Board Governance: Works with the Board of Directors in order to fulfill the organization’s mission. Serves Represents the Foundation on the Xavier High School Board of Education as Executive Officer.
- Lead the Foundation in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board of Directors to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Assure the fiscal integrity of the Foundation, to include submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the Foundation.
- Provide fiscal management by operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintaining a positive financial position.
- Conduct fundraising and develop other resources necessary to support the Foundation’s mission.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Implement the programs that carry out the Foundation’s mission.
- Engage in strategic planning to ensure that the Foundation can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Enhance the Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Administer the Foundation’s operations effectively.
- Hire, train and retain competent, qualified staff.
- Review and approve all legal documents.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Roman Catholic preferred
- 3-5 years of senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Demonstrates strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong ability to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve financial goals
- Has strong social media and digital experience
- Is able to convene the mission and vision of Catholic education
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Planning, executing the fiscal needs and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Foundation.
- Serving as the Foundation’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the Media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the Archdiocese and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Foundation’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions.
- Fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the community.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
This is a salaried position and it is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality Benefits package includes health, dental, Life/Disability, 403.B Annuity and PTO.
Email resumes to: Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org